Since its foundation, VIU has been involved in capacity-building programs for various target groups, and has developed extensive education and training programs aimed at enhancing the capacities of young academic generations, professionals, policy-makers and business representatives.
Capacity Building on Sustainable Development
Since 2003, VIU has worked extensively on Capacity Building on Sustainable Development for Policy Makers, civil servants and professionals mainly from emerging economies worldwide.
China, Mexico, Russia, Kazakhstan, Turkey, Ukraine, and various other countries in Central and Eastern Europe have been the target of 1- or 2-week training sessions, arranged at VIU in Venice or locally, in the target country, thanks to the cooperation of local partners.
European Project Training Unit
Since 2010 VIU and Europelago have been jointly managing the Euro-Project Training Unit at VIU which provides training in project, financial and operational management of EU funded projects. Core courses are offered recurrently during each year together with other training initiatives that are specifically designed on a request basis.
Other Capacity Building activities in recent years include:
- Sino-Italian Advanced Training Program on Sustainable Development and Environmental Management (IMELS)
- Course for Sustainability for Central and Eastern Europe, Central Asia, MENA countries, Turkey (IMELS)
- Advanced Training Program for Mexico City Government (IMELS)
- Sustainable Waste Management Schools (IWWG and VIU)
- The Automotive Ecosystem on the Global Road to Sustainability. The Asian Perspective (Alcantara)
- Sustainability and the new Automotive Value Chain (Alcantara)
- European Summer Schools in Resource and Environmental Economics (EAERE, FEEM and VIU)
- Green Design Management
- Harvard Seminar Series