The Graduate Seminars are thematic intensive seminars, on a focused topic, approached from a multidisciplinary perspective. The seminars are driven by interdepartmental cooperation, and it is expected that they will give rise to medium- and long-term projects involving the participating departments.
As the COVID-19 pandemic is ongoing, VIU will continue to monitor the situation, and in the event that it is not possible to confirm the program on the VIU campus as scheduled, other practicable solutions will be evaluated. Applicants and confirmed participants will be informed of any changes.
- Activism and Social Movements | May 24-28, 2021
- Climate Change Mitigation: Carbon Capture and Utilization | July 12-16, 2021
- Rethinking Manufacturing, Consumption, and Globalization in the Era of Automation | September 9-13, 2019
- Hydrogeophysical Inversion and Data Assimilation for the Characterization and Monitoring of Coastal Aquifers | July 1-5, 2019
- How Can the Humanities Save the Planet? | June 10-14, 2019
- Sustainable Social Security | October 8-12, 2018
- Northern Territories and Indigenous Peoples: Comparative perspectives | January 14-19, 2018
- Understanding and Managing Climate Change: Coping with Sea Level Rise | July 10-22, 2017
- Framing Global Change and Green Economy in the Sustainable Development Goals | September 12-16, 2016