The PC room is located on the first floor of Zone 7 and is open to all VIU students and professors, 24 hours a day. Ask your program coordinator for an access card (a € 5 deposit is required).All PCs are connected to the Internet, and students can access online Venetian library catalogues, Duke-on-line and other online information resources.
VIU also has a highly advanced Apple Mac Computer Lab (first floor, Zone 7) for integrating digital technologies in the academic courses.
The 3D modeling, visualization, and mapping technologies installed enable students to engage with questions of change over time and dynamic process in urban and rural environments.
The programs available include 3D modeling using Google SketchUp, 3D acquisition using Photogrammetry, interactive mapping with Google Earth, Scalar, and the basics of ARCgis related to Google Earth.
Please note that
- Log in and password are required. Ask your program coordinator for user ID and password.
- Do not alter settings or set up of software or hardware.
- Do not install software without administrator rights.
- You will have a personal folder with a unique password for your personal documents. Ask your program coordinator for details.
- You should make back-ups of your work. VIU accepts no responsibility for lost files on hard discs and/or server.
- Log off when you have finished, to protect your personal files.
- Keep the facilities clean and tidy. No drinks or food is allowed in the computer room
You can contact the Network Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org or during office hours posted on notice board.
For Technical Support, write an email to email@example.com