PROMARES was presented at a round table discussion during the transnational workshop at the final conference of the ISTEN project.
The roundtable discussion focused on Logistics platforms, intermodal transport, and regional cooperation: challenges, lessons learned, and possible solutions from Interreg projects. Other participants included representatives from the DG REGION of the EU Commission and the Interreg ADRION Managing Authority, as well as several projects co-funded by different Interreg Programmes having similar scope: PROMARES (Interreg Italy-Croatia), COMODALCE, REIF, InterGreenNodes (Interreg Central Europe), NEWBRAIN, MultiAPPRO, ADRIPASS (Interreg ADRION).
PROMARES was presented by the lead partner of the project, the Port Network Authority of the Eastern Adriatic Sea-Ports of Trieste and Monfalcone.
The ISTEN project aims at qualifying ADRION ports as strategic nodes and hubs for the ADRION Region by setting up a transnational cooperation network and a joint action plan to improve hinterland intermodal connections, in particular by supporting rail freight flows and last mile links to the TEN-T Corridors.
ISTEN involves ports from Italy, Greece, Montenegro, Albania, Croatia and Slovenia as main gateways to the TEN-T and Adriatic-Ionian Motorway of the Sea.
The main objectives of ISTEN are very well in line with those of PROMARES:
- steer priorities of involved territories by identifying integrated infrastructure planning at transnational level and consistent investment strategies;
- provide guidelines & criteria for defining legal, technical and operational conditions useful to establish an efficient ADRION transnational network;
- develop a specific, innovative toolbox to be used by relevant actors to analyse and define suitable conditions for establishing robust networks of stakeholders;
- define IT solutions and services for the communication and knowledge management;
- increase capacity building in planning infrastructures and identify measures and actions to be adopted for setting-up integrated hubs;
- enhance the efficiency and environmental sustainability of freight logistics flows across the ADRION area.
Please note that the text of this webpage only reflects the author´s view and that the programme authorities are not liable for any use that may be made of the information contained therein.