All students attending the Globalization Program who wish to do a curricular internship in a host organization in Italy following their semester are welcome to apply.
A curricular internship can provide the opportunity to:
- apply theoretical knowledge gained in the classroom to real-world situations reinforcing and solidifying academic concepts
- expand knowledge and insight into the current trends, challenges, and opportunities within a specific field
- develop and enhance teamwork and time management skills as well as problem-solving abilities relevant to a specific field
- create a professional network, establishing connections with professionals, mentors, and peers as well as receiving constructive feedback
- directly observe and experience the day-to-day operations of a particular organisation in addition to developing workplace etiquette and professionalism
- increase self-confidence and adaptability, challenging students to step outside comfort zones, promoting resilience in facing new situations, and adapting to diverse working environments
Applications will be accepted from students from any of the member universities, including exchange students at Ca’ Foscari, Iuav, Padova and Tor Vergata, who are already registered in the Globalization Program and attending at least three courses during the semester.
The internships are for two to four months long and take place following the semester of courses at VIU, pending suitable compatibility with opportunities at potential host organizations. The start and end dates are fixed in collaboration with the host organization, respecting the student's justified preferences, such as university-related commitments.
Host organizations in Italy include:
- Peggy Guggenheim Collection (1st semester call only)
- Vela SpA – Events division – Carnival of Venice
- City of Venice – International Relations Office
- City of Venice – International & European Funded Projects office
- Council of Europe – Venice Office
- Fondazione Musei Civici
- UNESCO – Venice office
- Marsilio Editori
- CNR – Italian National Research Council
- We are Here Venice
- Iveser - Venetian Institute of History of the Resistance and Contemporary Society
- Ocean Space
- Spazio Punch
- Centro studi classicA - Iuav
Applications must be submitted via the candidate’s profile page on the VIU website between September 29 – October 29, 2023.
Candidates are advised to submit their applications at least 2 hours before the deadline to avoid any technical difficulties.
Download the Call for Applications.