VIU promotes international mobility by providing internship opportunities and scholarships to students of the member universities who attend the Globalization Program. Following the semester of courses at VIU, selected students are offered internships at research centers, universities, cultural organizations and companies in Italy and abroad.
Each semester VIU publishes two calls for applications for the Internship and Mobility Program:
Research Internships and Worldwide Mobility:
For students in any of the member universities in the second year of their Master’s degree (laurea magistrale), who intend pursuing research for their Master’s thesis in themes related to the Globalization Program. Successful applicants attend the semester of courses at VIU and compete for internships abroad, supported by scholarships. The internships are for two to four months and start and end dates are fixed in collaboration with the host organization and depending on the projects which the students will pursue, and are usually completed by the end of December in the academic year following the courses at VIU (September-December 2017 for Spring 2017 students and January-August 2018 for Fall 2017 students).
Host organizations worldwide include:
- VIU’s member universities (including Tongji University);
- ASEAN Chamber of Commerce;
- Institute for Human Development, New Delhi, India;
- United National Environmental Project (UNEP) Bangkok, Thailand;
- Instituto de Pesquisa Economica Aplicada (IPEA), Brazil
- Museum of Contemporary Art (MOCA), Shanghai, China
- Bilgi University, Istanbul, Turkey
- Rachel Carson Center for Environment and Society, Munich, Germany
Read more in the Call for Applications for Research Internships and Worldwide Mobility:
Spring 2017 Call for Applications
The Application Form can be downloaded here and sent to email@example.com
Deadlines for Applications: February 20, 2017 (students attending Spring 2017 term)
The call addressed to students attending Fall 2016 term will open during the summer and closes on September 11, 2017.
Fall 2017 Call for Applications
and Fall 2017 Application form
Internships in Italy:
For undergraduate and Master's students from any of the member universities, including exchange students at Ca’ Foscari, Iuav and Padova, who are attending the semester at VIU (at least three courses) and who wish to do an internship in Italy in a host organization in Italy following the semester. Applicants must be already registered and attending the semester at VIU. The internships are for two to four months long, and will take place following the semester of courses at VIU, either during the winter break or during the summer months. The start and end dates are fixed in collaboration with the host organization, according to the selected students’ justified preferences (i.e. university-related commitments).
Host organizations in Italy include:
- UNESCO Venice Office;
- Peggy Guggenheim Collection;
- National Research Council of Italy (Institute for technologies applied to cultural heritage - Rome; Institute for archeological and monumental heritage – Lecce/Catania/Potenza; Institute on Judicial Systems - Bologna; and Institute for International Legal Studies – Rome)
- OECD Venice Office;
- Venice Civic Museum Foundation;
- Vela SpA (Municipal Public Events), Venice
- Agenda Venezia;
- City of Venice, (International and EU policy division; Local Development Division), Venice
- Agire – Venice Energy Agency, Mestre-Venice;
- eAmbiente – environmental sustainability consultancy;
- Galileia – energy consultancy
- Italian-German Cultural Association, Venice
- German Centre for Venetian Studies
- Valcucine, Pordenone, sustainable manufacturing
Read more in the Call for Applications for Internships in Italy:
Fall 2016 Call for Applications
Application Forms can be downloaded here and sent, together with the CV and the motivation letter in three separate files, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadlines for Applications: October 21, 2016.
Semester Topics, Destinations and Testimonials
VIU organizes the internships and scholarships of the Globalization Program in collaboration with the Italian National Research Council (CNR) and thanks to the generous contribution of the Italian Ministry for the Environment, Land and Sea which are VIU members. In the research fields of these two institutions, cultural heritage and sustainable development can be identified as important topics. The same topics have become the focus respectively for the Fall and Spring semesters since 2008. Thus the destinations of the internships are closely connected to the focal topic related to the semester attended.
The program has a strong focus on Asia, particularly in the area of Sustainable Development, thanks to the work of VIU's TEN Center and to collaboration with the Department of East Asian Studies of the University Ca' Foscari of Venice, and with Tsinghua University (Beijing) and TongJi University (Shanghai). In the area of Cultural Heritage the focus is also towards Mediterranean countries, thanks to cooperation with the Italian National Research Council (CNR). Internships for non-Italian students are available in Venice and the surrounding region and in Rome.
Listen to VIU internship and international mobility testimonials