VIU strives to promote excellence and diversity in the Globalization Program and to provide a powerful learning experience in which students develop their capacity for critical thinking and creative problem solving.
Each semester scholarships are awarded to talented, motivated students from the member universities in order to support them in completing their study period in Venice, or to foster their graduate and professional studies and careers in new and emerging fields: since its foundation in 1995, VIU has increasingly worked to promote the research triangle of stakeholders – industry, academia and government – and collaborations with universities, cultural organizations and companies.
VIU publishes yearly four calls for applications for the Internship and Mobility Program and two calls for the Scholarship Program supporting accommodation fees. Approximately 20 students per semester are selected for the internship program, depending on the amount of funds available for scholarships.
Scholarships to support Residency of Globalization Program students:
The aim of the scholarship program is to promote excellence and academic and cultural diversity in the Globalization Program. From Spring 2016, scholarships are awarded to talented students to contribute to the cost of living in Venice for a semester. The scholarships are equivalent to the cost of accommodation in the apartments arranged by VIU (€1,625), but will be paid directly to the students, who may choose to spend it on the accommodation that best suits their needs.
The deadline for students who will attend the Fall 2016 term is extended to: June 6.
Applications for the Spring 2017 semester will be accepted between: June 1 and October 30, 2016.
Scholarships for Research Internships and Worldwide Mobility:
Applications are open to students in any of the member universities in the second year of their Master’s degree (laurea magistrale), who intend pursuing research for their Master’s thesis in themes related to the Globalization Program. Successful applicants attend the semester of courses at VIU and compete for internships abroad, supported by scholarships. The internships are for two to four months and start and end dates are fixed in collaboration with the host organization and depending on the projects which the students will pursue, and are usually completed by the end of December in the academic year following the courses at VIU.
Students selected for the research internships and worldwide mobility will be awarded a scholarship which will partially cover travel and living costs.
Host organizations worldwide include:
- VIU’s member universities (including Tongji University);
- ASEAN Chamber of Commerce;
- Institute for Human Development, New Delhi, India;
- United National Environmental Project (UNEP) Bangkok, Thailand;
- Instituto de Pesquisa Economica Aplicada (IPEA), Brazil
- Museum of Contemporary Art (MOCA), Shanghai, China
- Bilgi University, Istanbul, Turkey
- Rachel Carson Center for Environment and Society, Munich, Germany
Deadline for students who will attend the Spring 2017 term is: February 20, 2017.
Link to Call for applications and Application form
Scholarships for Internships in a host organization in Italy:
The call is addressed to undergraduate and Master's students from any of the member universities, including exchange students at Ca’ Foscari, Iuav and Padova, who are attending the semester at VIU (at least three courses) and who wish to do an internship in a host organization in Italy following the semester. Students selected for the internship in Italy are awarded a scholarship which will partially cover lodging and living costs.
Host organizations in Italy include:
- UNESCO Venice Office;
- Peggy Guggenheim Collection;
- National Research Council of Italy (Institute for technologies applied to cultural heritage - Rome; Institute for archeological and monumental heritage – Lecce/Catania/Potenza; Institute on Judicial Systems - Bologna; and Institute for International Legal Studies – Rome)
- Venice Civic Museum Foundation;
- Vela SpA (Municipal Public Events), Venice;
- Agenda Venezia;
- City of Venice, (International and EU policy division; Local Development Division), Venice
- Agire – Venice Energy Agency, Mestre-Venice;
- eAmbiente – environmental sustainability consultancy;
- Galileia – energy consultancy
- Italian-German Cultural Association, Venice
- German Centre for Venetian Studies
- Valcucine, Pordenone, sustainable manufacturing
The call for students attending the Spring 2017 term is now open:
Deadline: March 30, 2017.
Link to Call for applications and Application form
Listen to VIU internship and international mobility testimonials
The extended VIU Community is encouraged to contribute to the VIU Scholarship Fund:
it is really important that students apply for the program without the concern of the financial burden of sustaining the living costs in their host city.
VIU is a registered non-profit association, and therefore donations to VIU are eligible for tax reductions or deductions in many countries.
For more information about donations: firstname.lastname@example.org