VIU's Globalization Program provides a truly multicultural, international and interdisciplinary environment for students and professors of the member universities.
VIU now has the opportunity to extend the international experience of academic staff teaching in the Globalization Program, through a new opportunity funded by Erasmus+.
Professors from the Italian member universities may apply to VIU for funding for a teaching experience at one of the member universities in the EU, in Canada, Russia or in Israel.
Staff mobility for teaching can be in any subject area/academic discipline.
Who can take part?
Teaching staff of the Italian member universities who:
- have taught in the VIU Globalization Program
- have taught in the VIU Intensive Graduate Activities (PhD Academies, Graduate Seminars, Summer Schools)
- wish to develop collaboration with colleagues in one of the destination universities, with a view to proposing a VIU Intensive Graduate Activity
- wish to continue the inter-departmental collaboration that has emerged from VIU joint activities (i.e. candidates who may not have been directly involved in joint VIU activities, but where there is demonstrable engagement between their home university department and the host university department).
The member of the teaching staff may be full professor, associate professor, short-term contract professor, researcher, research fellow, and must be in employment at the member university during the proposed period of staff mobility for teaching.
VIU member universities in KA103 programme countries:
- KU Leuven
- Ludwig Maximilians Universität
- Université de Bordeaux
- University of Ljubljana
- University of Exeter
VIU member universities in selected KA107 partner countries:
- Tel Aviv University
- Institut de la Recherche Scientifique
- European University at St. Petersburg, Russian Federation
The duration of teaching:
KA103 programme countries (Belgium, France, Germany)
- Minimum duration of teaching: 2 days (consecutive)
- Maximum duration of teaching: 22 days
KA107 partner countries (Israel, Canada)
- Minimum duration of teaching: 5 days
- Maximum duration of teaching: 10 days
Teaching hours: Staff must deliver at least 8 hours of teaching per week. If the mobility is longer than one week, the minimum number of teaching hours shall be proportional to the duration of the mobility.
Travel days are not included in the calculation of the minimum duration. Subsistence allowances for up to 2 days travel either side of the mobility may also be funded if requested at time of application.