We are looking for a staff member to work in the Globalization Program office at Venice International University. This will be a temporary position.
The ideal candidate will have 1-3 years experience in:
- providing administration and organizational support to university programs
- dealing with international students and professors
- experience in event management and organization
- experience in web communications
Candidates should also have:
- excellent English, both written and spoken
- mother-tongue English speakers must be fluent in Italian, both spoken and written
- knowledge of other languages represented in the consortium would be a bonus (especially Japanese, Korean, Russian and Chinese)
Candidates should be sensitive to issues of interculturality and know the city of Venice well.
The successful candidate will join the staff of the Globalization Program, contributing to the organization, communication, and evaluation of the program.
email, phone, and in-office responses to inquiries from current and prospective students regarding the Globalization Program, including information about the courses, scholarships and mobility opportunities, internships etc.
Communications and multi-media
- creation of new content for the VIU website, issue newsletters, calls for application etc.
- regular updates to existing webpages on the VIU website
Co-curricular activities & Event organization
- Coordination of program of co-curricular activities
- Opening ceremonies, closing ceremonies, VIULectures, concerts.
- Book appropriate space on campus, arranging catering services, restaurant reservations, publicity, invitations etc.
The contract will be for 6 months initially and will be considered for renewal.
Some national and international travel may be required.
Salary will be considered based on the skills and experience of the candidates.
Start date: as soon as possible.
Interested candidates should send a CV and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org