We are looking for a junior researcher to work with the staff of the VIU TEN Program in support of the collaboration with the Alcantara company, in view of the 5th Symposium on Sustainability (February 2019) and beyond at Venice International University.
The ideal candidate will have a background at the Masters or PhD level in disciplines related to Global Change, Technology, or Economics, with preference for experience in one or more of the following topics:
- citizens’ perceptions and behaviors related to climate change
- greenhouse gas emissions policy and technological solutions
- decarbonization, green economy and circular economy
- policy-science interface
Candidates should also have:
- excellent English, both written and spoken
- mother-tongue English speakers must be fluent in Italian, both spoken and written
Job Description: Support to the organization of the 2019 Symposium and related activities
The successful candidate will:
- Support VIU staff and the Alcantara Communications Team in identifying the invitees and speakers of the 2019 Symposium.
- Contribute to the consolidation of the contents of the Symposium and related activities with literature research and writing of reports on key issues to be further explored at the 2019 Symposium and possible future editions.
- Support VIU staff and professors in managing the relationships with Alcantara and the invitees, concerning the coordination of activities, the logistical arrangements, accommodations, and events related to the Symposium, including, for example, social dinners or visits.
The contract will be for 12 months initially and will be considered for renewal.
Some national and international travel may be required.
Salary will be considered based on the skills and experience of the candidates.
Start date: as soon as possible.
Deadline for applications: August 31, 2018.
Interested candidates should send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com