The Fall 2017 semester of the Globalization Program begins on Monday, 4 September and will end on December 15, 2017 with the exam week.
Over 100 students from Europe, America and Asia will choose among a range of courses on Italy, Cultures of the World, Global Challenges and Economics, Management and Digital Technologies applied to Cultural Heritage (specialization track of the fall term), taught by distinguished professors from VIU's member universities.
The Program, developed in the truly multicultural, international and interdisciplinary VIU environment, provides a powerful learning experience in which students cultivate their capacity for critical thinking and problem solving. They will be thus better prepared to face the present global challenges.
A number of social and informative activities have been organized to welcome the students and professors during the Orientation week: September 4-8.
- Monday, Sept. 4: Welcome coffee, VIU facilities tour, introduction to the Globalization Program and course presentations
- Tuesday, Sept. 5: free visit to Venice city facilities
- Wednesday, Sept. 6: meeting on residency permit procedures with non-EU students; Historical guided tour of San Servolo Island; Global Fair & Student Committee election
- Thursday, Sept. 7: Opening Ceremony and Italian for Foreigners Placement Test
- Friday, Sept. 8: visit to Venice city libraries
- Monday 4, Tuesday 5, Thursday 7, room 2G: a couple of hours dedicated to Tutoring Desk, a Q&A with the VIU staff on study plans, registration problems, courses, accommodation on/off campus, credit recognition.
See the detailed program and all semester schedules here
Registration for courses will close on Wednesday, September 6, 2017 at 5 pm Italian time. Final registration status and admission petitions will follow.
N.B. From August 29 to September 9, 2017, line 20 timetable will be subject to changes on the occasion of the 74th Venice Film Festival. Updated timetable here